- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Fodor's Las Vegas 2014
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Cathay House Review
Set in a strip mall of popular Asian eateries and businesses, Cathay House stays open late and combines the feel of a mom-and-pop operation with a simple, if rather bright, atmosphere and an à-la-carte menu of varied traditional Chinese favorites that emphasize the fiery flavors of Sichuan and Hunan. It's open daily for dim sum (10:30 am until 5 am), which attracts diners not only because of selections such as crispy chicken wings and shrimp or pork dumplings, but also for its fair prices and liberal portions. Among other local favorites are items such as squid with black bean sauce, thousand-year-old egg porridge, and salt-baked shrimp, served with heads and shells still on and garnished with fried chilies and garlic.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
We flew out of SFO late Saturday; the Virgin Airline plane was half-full. Read more
In-N-Out. Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
The Caesars Entertainment and Starwood hotel groups have teamed up to offer reciprocal benefits across ... Read more
Our correspondent "studied" hard at the Food & Wine All-Star Weekend in Vegas this month, which featured... Read more
Whether you're heading to Vegas, or heading back to LA (and trying to forget the weekend's indecencies),... Read more