- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
The North Strip is far enough from the airport (20 to 25 minutes) that if a cabby opts to take the Interstate, it's probably not worth arguing for him to change course. A pedestrian bridge between the Palazzo and Wynn makes exploring these two properties easy. The journey from Trump and Encore to Circus Circus and the Stratosphere is deceptively long; on hot days, it pays to take a cab or public transportation. Be warned, from the Stratosphere, it's still 10 to 15 minutes to Downtown.
Las Vegas Monorail stations here include the Harrah's/Imperial Palace station, the Las Vegas Convention Center station, the LVH station, and the Sahara station. CAT (Citizens Area Transit) services this part of the Strip with public buses and double-deckers.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $87-$111 -- Las Vegas 4-Diamond Resort & Spa, 50% Off JW Marriott Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $42 & up -- 4- & 5-Star Vegas Resorts, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $69 & up -- Blue Man Group at Monte Carlo, up to 40% Off Blue Man Group
- $149 & up -- 5-Star Venetian Resort w/Suite Upgrade, 50% Off — $149 BookIt.com
- $50 -- Vegas: Celeb Comics Penn & Teller at the Rio, 40% Off — $50 Penn & Teller