- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
North StripView Map
Like the best nights out, the North Strip is the perfect mix of luxury and opulence, fun and debauchery—a blend of the very best that Vegas has to offer in high-end, low-brow, and laugh-out-loud diversion. Wynn, Encore, Palazzo, and Venetian are posh celebrity favorites. And cheap beers at Treasure Island, carnival acts at Circus Circus, and thrill rides at the Stratosphere entertain the masses. In between, the Trump Hotel offers elegant, apartment-style living in a nongaming environment.
Sister properties dominate the landscape in this part of town—resorts that complement each other wonderfully. One pair, the Venetian and Palazzo, whisks visitors to Italy, where they can ride gondolas and marvel at indoor waterfalls. Another pair, Wynn and Encore, offer a different kind of luxury, one that Steve Wynn himself has sharpened after years in the business. Encore in particular is a one-of-a-kind blend of classic (authentic antiques pervade the property) and modern (windows in the casino). Also not to be missed: the Encore Beach Club, a thumping day-lounge experience.
Farther north, this part of the Strip embraces the circus. In the Adventuredome, behind Circus Circus, visitors can participate in an actual carnival, complete with cotton candy and midway games. On top of the Stratosphere tower the attractions are not for the faint of heart, considering that they suspend you about 900 feet over the ground.
The North Strip has improved upon a number of familiar Vegas experiences, too. Still campy, the Sirens of TI show in front of Treasure Island has been updated and is always worth the price (free). The golf course behind Wynn is a premier experience. And the "sports book" at Palazzo doubles as a casual restaurant from Emeril Lagasse. The North Strip presents a number of familiar sights; it just does them better.
North Strip at a Glance
- Adventuredome Theme Park
- Circus Circus Carnival Midway
- Gondola Rides
- Guardian Angel Cathedral
- Madame Tussauds Las Vegas
- Palazzo Resort-Casino
- B&B Ristorante
- Carnevino Italian Steakhouse
- The Country Club
- Delmonico Steakhouse
- Grand Lux Cafe
- I Love Burgers
- La Cave
Elsewhere in Las Vegas
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $49 -- Red Rock Canyon: Day Tour, $25 Off Red Rock PM Express Tour
- $22 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off — $22 Caesars Entertainment