Las Vegas Hotels
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Las Vegas Hotel Reviews
The world of Vegas-area casino hotels changes constantly. In the early 2000s just about every resort was investing heavily in family-friendly accommodations and activities. Today, however, most places have refocused squarely on decadence and indulgence.
Just about every property now has a special pool for topless (they call it "European-style") sunbathing. Many resorts also have expanded their cocktail programs (the fancy word for this is now "mixology").
Some of these efforts have been more successful than others. The posh new Encore Beach Club, at Encore, exemplifies the new notion of a "dayclub" in that it creates a nightclub vibe during the day. Developments at The Cosmopolitan Las Vegas have had a similar impact; the property has three on-staff mixology gurus, and a special kitchen where these cocktail whizzes whip up recipes all day long.
Other properties have established new benchmarks in amenities. When CityCenter opened in 2010, the $8.5-billion complex included Crystals, a new-era shopping mall with flagship stores of Prada, Tiffany & Co, and some of the spendiest boutiques in America. Also in 2010, the Palazzo launched "Prestige," an optional $100 reservation upgrade that grants guests access to a concierge level including daily snack service, drink service, and a business center.
Despite competition from these up-and-comers, the established properties still pack ʼem in. Bellagio's rooms still carry cachet, and the Mirage—the hotel that started the megaresort trend more than 20 years ago—continues to sell out. At Wynn Las Vegas and the Venetian, guests rave about everything from comfy beds to exquisite restaurants and great shopping. At Caesars Palace the constantly evolving Qua Baths & Spa might be one of the top spas in town. And for overall experience, the Four Seasons–Las Vegas, which occupies top floors of the tower at Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino, is still one of the best.
Browse Las Vegas Hotels
- The Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Four Seasons Hotel Las Vegas
- South Strip
Browse Las Vegas Hotels By Location
- Bellagio Las Vegas
- Caesars Palace
- Center Strip
- Cosmopolitan of Las Vegas
- Encore Las Vegas
- Luxor Las Vegas
- Mandalay Bay Resort and Casino
- MGM Grand Hotel and Casino
- Mirage Las Vegas
- New York–New York Hotel and Casino
- North Strip
- Palazzo Resort-Casino
- Paradise Road and the East Side
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's