Las Vegas Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Las Vegas Hamburger Roundup
A number of casino resorts have opened eateries dedicated to that most quintessentially American of cuisines—the compact and delicious hamburger. All of these restaurants are casual affairs; most don't even accept reservations.
BLT Burger. Burger choices in this Laurent Tourondel restaurant near the Mirage sports book include American Kobe, lamb, and turkey. Spiked milk shakes—including "Grandma's Treat" with Maker's Mark, caramel, and vanilla ice cream—make a great accompaniment. Mirage Las Vegas, 3400 Las Vegas Blvd. S, Center Strip 702/792-7888.
Burger Bar. Chef Hubert Keller started the burger trend with this modest restaurant in 2004; the simple build-your-own-burger menu features a variety of different meats (beef, buffalo, turkey) and toppings. As a treat, sample the Peanut Butter and Jelly Burger. The name says it all. The Palazzo, 3950 Las Vegas Blvd. S, South Strip 702/632-9364.
Holstein's. Chef Anthony Meidenbauer concocted the concept of this burger joint specifically for The Cosmopolitan with an emphasis on organic ingredients. Everything on the menu—from burgers to house-made sausages, buns, and sides—is made in-house. The Cosmopolitan, 3708 Las Vegas Blvd. S, Center Strip 702/698-7000
I Love Burgers. This expansive burger joint inside the Palazzo features dozens of different gourmet burgers (including buffalo, ahi tuna, and vegan varieties), as well as the largest fry menu in town (try the truffle butter-tossed fried Yukon Golds). Executive Chef Errol LeBlanc has put together a great beer selection, too. The Palazzo, 3325 Las Vegas Blvd. S, North Strip 702/242-2747.
LBS. Happy Hour is indeed happy at this Anthony Meidenbauer burger joint inside Summerlin's Red Rock Resort; the eatery offers half-price snacks, sliders, and salads on weekdays from 3 to 6. Gourmet burgers of beef, turkey, and other meats are available all the time. Red Rock Casino Resort, 1101 W. Charleston Blvd., Summerlin 702/797-7777.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $22 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off Caesars Entertainment
- $75 & up -- Las Vegas Family-Friendly Resort w/Breakfast Desert Rose Resort
- $55 -- Las Vegas: 'Pawn Stars' VIP Tour, $10 Off Pawn Stars VIP Tour
- $80-$100 -- Vegas Hotel on The Strip w/Cabana Credit — $80-$100 Mandalay Bay Resort & Casino
- $100 -- Vegas: 'Mystere' by Cirque du Soleil & Dinner — $100 Mystère Cirque du Soleil