Las Vegas Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Family Fun in Las Vegas
This may be Sin City, but there are plenty of great family-oriented activities. There's wildlife galore, starting with exotic birds at Flamingo and the fish and reptiles at Shark Reef at Mandalay Bay. Next, head to the Mirage to see the white tigers of the Secret Garden and the eponymous mammals of the Dolphin Habitat.
If your family prefers adrenaline-based bonding, scream your way up the strip, starting at the Roller Coaster at New York-New York. Next, head to the multifaceted entertainment complex GameWorks in the Showcase Mall (next to MGM Grand). Continue north along the Strip, stopping at Circus Circus's indoor theme park Adventuredome on your way to the Stratosphere Tower. Here the Big Shot, XScream, and Insanity-The Ride fly high above the Strip at 1,149 feet. Can't decide between wild animals and wild rides? Go Downtown for both at The Tank at Golden Nugget, where a three-story waterslide includes a ride through a glass tube into the heart of a 200,000-gallon shark tank.
For a mellower afternoon, head to the Venetian's Madame Tussaud's Wax Museum. After posing next to Denzel and J-Lo, check out the exploding volcano at the Mirage. Since you're at the Mirage, grab last-minute tickets for ventriloquist Terry Fator's one-of-a-kind musical puppet act. You can minimize your kids' sinful intake by staying at the Trump Hotel Las Vegas, a posh accommodation unusual for being smoke- and casino-free.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $140* & up -- Nationwide Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $49 -- Red Rock Canyon: Day Tour, $25 Off Red Rock PM Express Tour
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T — $116 American Airlines