Las Vegas Feature
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Mobile AppDownload Fodor's City Guide App for FREE!
Downtown Dining of Note
Even back during its heyday as the city's casino-gaming hot spot, Downtown was never much of a haven for gourmands. As the Strip and other parts of the city have become renowned for fantastic dining, Downtown's culinary reputation has steadily declined to the point that few set foot in any of the neighborhood's casinos solely in search of a good meal. That being said, if you happen to be staying, playing, or wandering Downtown, you will find a handful of worthwhile restaurants turning out perfectly fine meals. Just don't venture this way with the same expectations you would of the dining scene on the Strip. Here are a few dining options at Downtown casinos of particular note:
Carson Street Cafe. Open 24/7 and serving tasty regional American fare, with particularly good breakfasts, this reliable and expansive option at the Golden Nugget has plenty of adherents. Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino, 129 E. Fremont St., Downtown, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. 702/385-7111. www.goldennugget.com/dining.
Lillie's Asian Cuisine. This longtime Golden Nugget favorite draws crowds thanks to its excellent, reasonably priced Chinese food and late hours. The Cantonese dishes might include old familiars such as moo goo gai pan, plus spicier choices such as Szechuan shrimp. Golden Nugget Hotel & Casino, 129 E. Fremont St., Downtown, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. 702/386-8131. www.goldennugget.com/lasvegas.
Second Street Grill. Daily specials at this Pacific Rim-inspired seafood restaurant inside the Fremont Casino are flown in daily from Hawaii. The art deco-style dining room is dark and intimate, with oversize chairs and elegant wood paneling. Fremont Hotel and Casino, 200 E. Fremont St., Downtown, Las Vegas, NV, 89101. 702/385-3232. www.fremontcasino.com/dine.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $116* & up -- Last-Minute Las Vegas Flights on American, R/T American Airlines
- $149 & up -- Vegas: 5-Diamond Venetian Resort, Save 50% BookIt.com
- $79 & up -- 4- & 5- Star Vegas Hotels, up to 65% Off BookIt.com
- $49 -- Red Rock Canyon: Day Tour, $25 Off Red Rock PM Express Tour
- $23 & up -- Las Vegas Resort Sale, Up to 30% Off — $23 Caesars Entertainment