Silver Jack Inn
At a Glance
- funky artistic decor
- eclectic menu
- Baker is a no-stoplight town with no more than about 20 structures
Silver Jack Inn Review
For being about as far off the beaten track as you can get in the Nevada desert, this tiny motel is a cozy oasis of rooms surrounding a tree-filled lawn and a relaxing patio. The motel also rents out three off-site efficiency units. Rooms are simple, quiet, and, most importantly, close to the entrance of Great Basin National Park. The Inn's funky Lectrolux Gallery Café serves up just-baked pastries, piping-hot coffee, and a surprisingly varied selection of wine, beer, and spirits—not to mention breakfast, lunch, and dinner according to season. Ask about Movie Night.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
So this was my first trip to the USA. Read more
Here is a link to a trip report covering our most recent vacation in Las Vegas
http://www.vegasmessageboard.com/forums/showthread.php?t=99463 Read more
Driving from Vegas.... Only have 2 days and 1 night which will be Christmas Eve. We have never been to either park. Which should we try to visit?
We have 2 kids who love the Junior Ranger programs. Any Read more
· News & Features
Wine connoisseurs take note: Norwegian Cruise Line has partnered with the Michael Mondavi Family Estate... Read more
Got cabin fever?... Read more
Finding an affordable, stylish hotel in Manhattan is a challenge.... Read more