- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Toss a fly on one of the region's trout streams or lakes and you might snag a west slope cutthroat, rainbow trout, or grayling. In winter you can dangle a line through a sawed hole in the ice of Whitefish Lake.
The best place for fishing gear in Whitefish is Lakestream Fly Fishing Shop. Guided trips to secluded private lakes, equipment, and fly-fishing gear are sold at the shop. Advice is free. 334 Central Ave., Whitefish, MT, 59937. 406/862–1298. www.lakestream.com.
The Tally Lake Ranger District can recommend good fishing spots and provide maps to the Flathead National Forest. 1335 Hwy. 93 W, Whitefish, MT, 59937. 406/863–5400.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's