- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Campgrounds across the region vary from no-services, remote state or federal campsites, to upscale commercial operations. During July and August it's best to reserve a camp spot. Ask locally about bears, and whether or not food must be stored inside a hard-side vehicle (not a tent). Avoid leaving pets alone at campgrounds because of wildlife confrontations, and because it's against the rules at most campgrounds.
KOA, Kampgrounds of America. MT. 406/248-7444. www.koa.com.
Montana Fish, Wildlife & Parks. MT. 406/444-2535. www.fwp.mt.gov.
U.S. Forest Service. MT. 406/329-3511. www.fs.fed.us/r1.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe