- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Much of the area's population is concentrated in the Bitterroot, Missoula, Mission, and Flathead valleys. Missoula, with a population of approximately 82,000, is the largest. Home of the University of Montana, it's a business and shopping center and offers many arts and cultural attractions. In friendly towns such as Hamilton, Stevensville, Kalispell, Polson, and Whitefish you'll find well-preserved historic sites and small yet resourceful museums. However, civilization here perches on the edge of seemingly endless wilderness: visit this part of the world for its wildlife, its water, and its pristine lands.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's