- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Flathead Indian Reservation
Flathead Indian Reservation Review
For nature lovers, the main attractions of the Flathead Indian Reservation are fishing and water recreation on numerous lakes and streams and bird-watching in Ninepipe National Wildlife Refuge. A tribal fishing license is required, and is available at most licensing agents.
Of the approximately 6,950 enrolled tribal members of the Confederated Salish and Kootenai Tribes, about 4,500 live on the reservation, which is interspersed with non–Native American ranches and other property. Both tribes celebrate their heritage during the annual July Powwow. 406/675–2700, 406/657–0160, or 888/835–8766. www.cskt.org.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more