- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Spotted Bear Ranch
At a Glance
- Bob Marshall Wilderness is at your fingertips
- fly-fishing opportunities are phenomenal
- plan on a two- or three-hour drive on a winding and teeth-rattling road to reach the lodge
- very remote and out of range for those dependent on cell phones
Spotted Bear Ranch Review
Book well in advance if you wish to stay at this remote yet upscale lodge. The two-bedroom log cabins here among the evergreens are cozy, yet have generator power, flush toilets, showers, fireplaces, and views. The ranch, reachable by a rough road, specializes in fly-fishing expeditions. Dinners are for guests only, and are served family-style in the historic main lodge.
- Address: 55 mi from Hungry Horse on either E. or W. Hungry Horse Reservoir Rd. toward Spotted Bear Ranger Station, Whitefish, MT, 59937 | Map It
- Phone: 800/223-4333
- Website: www.spottedbear.com
- Location: Bob Marshall Wilderness Area
- 6 cabins.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.--mid-June.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- Explore Missoula For Less! Book Fr $133+/Nt Hotels.com
- Book Now & Save! Kalispell Fr $89+/Nt Travelocity
- $25.95 & up : Full Size rentals in Missoula Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Kalispell Fr $165+/Nt — $165 Expedia
- $23.95 & up : Compact rentals in Missoula — $24 Hotwire
Much delayed in posting this, but the good news is, I wrote most of the trip report in a word doc shortly after the trip. Read more
Day 7 (July 9) - How excited everyone was to drive across the border into the Canadian Rockies through Kootenay Natl Park to Banff, a relatively short drive for us of 4 1/2 hrs. Read more
Hi all, two girlfriends and I are flying into Billing and staying in Columbus for the evening. Read more
· News & Features
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
It happens all the time: you're just stopping in to grab one thing and the next thing you know, you've... Read more