- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Spotted Bear Ranch
At a Glance
- Bob Marshall Wilderness is at your fingertips
- fly-fishing opportunities are phenomenal
- plan on a two- or three-hour drive on a winding and teeth-rattling road to reach the lodge
- very remote and out of range for those dependent on cell phones
Check Rates from our Partners
Spotted Bear Ranch Review
Book well in advance if you wish to stay at this remote yet upscale lodge. The two-bedroom log cabins here among the evergreens are cozy, yet have generator power, flush toilets, showers, fireplaces, and views. The ranch, reachable by a rough road, specializes in fly-fishing expeditions. Dinners are for guests only, and are served family-style in the historic main lodge.
- Address: 55 mi from Hungry Horse on either E. or W. Hungry Horse Reservoir Rd. toward Spotted Bear Ranger Station, Whitefish, MT 59937 | Map It
- Phone: 800/223–4333
- Website: www.spottedbear.com
- Location: Bob Marshall Wilderness Area
- 6 cabins.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–mid-June.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more