Major John Owen established Fort Owen as a trading post in 1850. The property also served as the headquarters of the Flathead Agency until 1860. It's worth a half hour to visit the museum to see the restored barracks, artifacts, and some of the fort's original furnishings.
Hwy. 269, ½ mi east of U.S. 93 at Stevensville, Stevensville, Montana, 59870, United States