- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Outdoorsy types come to this 400-acre lake for fishing, boating, swimming, hiking, trail riding, and camping in summer and ice fishing, cross-country skiing, snowshoeing, and snowmobiling in winter. To pursue any of the activities available in this remote setting, you must come equipped with your own canoe, motor launch, or snowmobile: your company will be kokanee salmon, rainbow trout, and bull trout, plus the handful of people who run Holland Lake Lodge. Maps for the numerous trails that depart from the lake area are available at the lodge or through the Forest Service office. Some routes climb the Swan Range into the Bob Marshall Wilderness.
Holland Lake at a Glance
Elsewhere in Missoula, Kalispell, and Northwest Montana
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's