- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Jewel Basin Hiking Area provides 35 mi of well-maintained trails among 27 trout-filled alpine lakes. You'll find the nearest phone and hearty to-go trail lunches at the Echo Lake Café at the junction of Highway 83 and Echo Lake Road. 10 mi east of Bigfork via Hwy. 83 and Echo Lake Rd. to Jewel Basin Rd., No. 5392, Flathead Lake, MT, 59911.
The Swan Lake Ranger District Office in Bigfork sells hiking maps. 200 Ranger Station Rd. 406/837–7500.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's