- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Star Bakery Restaurant
Star Bakery Restaurant Review
Opened in 1863, Star Bakery made beer and bread for area miners. Open almost continually ever since, it's now a breakfast, lunch, and dinner restaurant specializing in ribs and chicken smoked on the premises, as well as "The John Henry," purported to be the largest cheeseburger in Madison County.
- Address: 1576 Hwy. 287, Virginia City, MT 59755
- Phone: 406/843–5525
- Hours: Closed Labor Day–Memorial Day.
- Location: Virginia City
- Reservations not accepted.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
Last year (early Aug 2012) I took my daughter to Glacier NP. Read more
Hello-- Any suggestions for my sister and me who will be traveling from Yellowstone to Glacier next summer? Read more
· News & Features
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more