- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Summit at Big Sky
At a Glance
- all the facilities one could wish
- near slopes, shops, and restaurants
- some miss the intimacy of smaller properties
- attracts conventions
Summit at Big Sky Review
Along with having an absolute prime location at the foot of Big Sky's chairlifts, the Summit Hotel now has bragging rights for having hosted the First Family during President Obama's August 2009 visit to Montana. A Euro-Western flavor decorates the spacious rooms and suites, which are ideal for discriminating business travelers and families looking to be at the center of the mountain action. The best things about the Summit just may be the underground, heated parking garage, unusual in Montana, and the outdoor, year-round soaking pool.
- Address: 1 Lone Mountain Trail, Mountain Village Big Sky, MT 59716 | Map It
- Phone: 406/995–5000; 800/548–4486
- Website: www.bigskyresort.com
- Location: Big Sky and Gallatin Canyon
- 213 rooms, 8 suites.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Apr.–late May and early Oct.–late Nov.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
Last year (early Aug 2012) I took my daughter to Glacier NP. Read more
Hello-- Any suggestions for my sister and me who will be traveling from Yellowstone to Glacier next summer? Read more
· News & Features
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more