- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Lone Mountain Ranch
At a Glance
- guests praise the cozy lodgings
- wide variety of adventure and nature-oriented activities
- not a working ranch
- accommodations range from old cabins to modern lodge
Lone Mountain Ranch Review
Four-night to one-week packages include seasonal activities such as naturalist-guided trips to Yellowstone, cross-country ski passes, and kids' camps. The ranch, known for its Nordic Ski Center, maintains 85 km (51 mi) of groomed trails for classic and skate cross-country skiing. An additional four trails totaling 10 km (6 mi) are for snowshoers only. Some activities cost extra, such as horse-packing trips to alpine lakes, fly-fishing, and downhill skiing. Lodging ranges from historic cabins to an elegant log lodge. Partake of a night of backcountry sleigh rides, dinner, and entertainment.
- Address: 4 mi on Lone Mountain Tr., and ½ mi down gravel ranch road, Big Sky, MT | Map It
- Phone: 406/995–4644; 800/514–4644
- Website: www.lmranch.com
- Location: Big Sky and Gallatin Canyon
- 23 cabins, 7 rooms.
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed Oct., Nov., Apr., and May.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
Last year (early Aug 2012) I took my daughter to Glacier NP. Read more
Hi, My wife and I are from the UK and we're hoping to spend 3 weeks on a road trip in the USA, in late-summer 2014. Read more
· News & Features
Visitors in the know about Disney's new parks system are sure to experience a much smoother vacation tha ... Read more
Mexico City's art scene is vibrant, solid, and ever-flourishing.... Read more
Last week, JW Marriott Hanoi debuted in Hanoi, Vietnam, following in the footsteps of two other JW Marrio... Read more