- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
At a Glance
- virtually shrieks once-grand Old West
- restaurant decor and food still qualify as grand
- claw-foot tubs in hallway baths notwithstanding, the dearth of en suite facilities won't please all
- on a given day the "chef's choice" breakfast might not coincide with "guest's choice."
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Hotel Review
Fine dining and an 1890s saloon are two of the attractions of this classic Western hotel, listed on the National Register of Historic Places, in downtown Big Timber. The attractive 1890 Room ($$$$) serves steaks, seafood, and lamb for dinner, plus decadent desserts. For lunch, the 1890 Saloon claims to have served "cattlemen, cowboys, sheepherders, miners, railroad men and travelers" for more than 100 years. Guest rooms are small, clean, and comfortable, with period furnishings—the kind of accommodations you might find over the Longbranch Saloon in Gunsmoke.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting. ... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more