- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Canyon Ferry Mansion
At a Glance
- meticulously restored home
- friendly host
- remote location
- price-tagged furnishings give the feel of staying in an antiques store. fact-checked AUG 2009
Check Rates from our Partners
Canyon Ferry Mansion Review
Saved from inundation in 1954 when the Canyon Ferry Reservoir was created, this former cattle baron's home was relocated to a premier perch above the lake. Antiques accent the frilly modern furnishings and lovingly restored woodwork throughout the B&B. In addition to several private rooms, there's a dorm-style bunkhouse that sleeps seven, as well as a "honeymoon cabin" with Jacuzzi. Outdoorsy types come here for summer water sports, winter ice boating, and year-round fishing; impatient lovers come for no-wait eloping at the on-site chapel.
- Address: 7408 U.S. 287, 30 mi southeast of Helena at mile marker 74 Townsend, MT 59644 | Map It
- Phone: 406/266–3599; 877/933–7721
- Website: www.canyonferrymansion.com
- Location: Helena
- 7 rooms, 3 with bath; 1 bunkhouse; 1 wheelchair-accessible cabin.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall ... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more