B Bar Ranch
At a Glance
- a rare chance to enjoy winter ranch activities
- owners' strong commitment to ecology is evident
- ranch access involves travel on gravel roads
B Bar Ranch Review
In winter, when 2 to 6 feet of snow blanket this 9,000-acre working cattle ranch, guests enjoy spectacular adventures in cross-country skiing and wildlife tracking. The ranch shares a 6-mile boundary with Yellowstone National Park, in Tom Miner Basin, 36 miles south of Livingston. Sleigh rides, nordic skiing, ice-skating, and naturalist-led trips into Yellowstone are some of the things to do. Rates include meals and activities, except at the West Bunkhouse, a six-bedroom, two-bathroom vacation rental. Four-wheel drive is recommended for reaching the ranch. Absence of phone and TV is a blessing or a curse.
- Address: 818 Tom Miner Creek Rd., Emigrant, MT, 59027 | Map It
- Phone: 406/848–7729; 406/848–7793
- Hours: Closed Mar. and Apr.
- Website: www.bbar.com
- Location: Livingston and the Yellowstone River
- 6 cabins, 3 lodge rooms, 1 bunkhouse, 1 ski-in tent, 2 ski-in cabins
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
View deals in Helena, Bozeman, and Southwest Montana for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More