B Bar Ranch
At a Glance
- a rare chance to enjoy winter ranch activities
- owners' strong commitment to ecology is evident
- ranch access involves travel on gravel roads
B Bar Ranch Review
In winter, when 2 to 6 feet of snow blanket this 9,000-acre working cattle ranch, guests enjoy spectacular adventures in cross-country skiing and wildlife tracking. The ranch shares a 6-mile boundary with Yellowstone National Park, in Tom Miner Basin, 36 miles south of Livingston. Sleigh rides, nordic skiing, ice-skating, and naturalist-led trips into Yellowstone are some of the things to do. Rates include meals and activities, except at the West Bunkhouse, a six-bedroom, two-bathroom vacation rental. Four-wheel drive is recommended for reaching the ranch. Absence of phone and TV is a blessing or a curse.
- Address: 818 Tom Miner Creek Rd., Emigrant, MT, 59027 | Map It
- Phone: 406/848–7729; 406/848–7793
- Hours: Closed Mar. and Apr.
- Website: www.bbar.com
- Location: Livingston and the Yellowstone River
- 6 cabins, 3 lodge rooms, 1 bunkhouse, 1 ski-in tent, 2 ski-in cabins
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a wonderful way to take in the sights of the Western United States. Over 12 days, my friend and I road our motorcycles up Idah... Read more
Hey! Back in 2013, me and my grandparents took a trip headed to South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana. The full writeup with pictures is he... Read more
So our hobbits love wildlife and mountains. The bigger one (to be 7) likes "climbing" mountains. This isn't an REI-equipment-necessary thi... Read more