- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Blue-ribbon trout fishing on the Beaverhead River attracts thousands of anglers here year-round. A capital of southwest Montana's ranch country, Dillon began as a cattle- and wool-shipping point between Utah and the goldfields of Montana. From the mid-1860s until the early 1900s cattle and sheep remained the primary cargo shipped out of here on the Union Pacific Railroad.
Dillon at a Glance
Elsewhere in Helena, Bozeman, and Southwest Montana
- Absaroka-Beartooth Wilderness
- Big Hole National Battlefield
- Big Sky and Gallatin Canyon
- Big Timber and the Boulder River
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's