- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Several daily flights link Bozeman's Gallatin Field Airport to Great Falls, Denver, Minneapolis, Salt Lake City, and Seattle.
The bright yellow Streamline buses (406/587-2434 www.streamlinebus.com) offer free weekday and Saturday service between downtown, Montana State University, Bozeman Deaconess Hospital, and outlying shopping areas, as well as weekend late-night service and a route to and from Livingston.
Free two-hour parking is available on and near Main Street; there's also a parking garage between Tracy and Black avenues on East Mendenhall Street.
You can easily maneuver downtown Bozeman's mix of Old West bars, saddle shops, upscale stores and restaurants, and espresso cafés on foot or by bicycle. To appreciate the town's diversity, stroll the residential area near the university, where mansions, bungalows, and every style in between coexist side by side. A vehicle is necessary—in winter, a four-wheel-drive vehicle is best—to explore the parks, trails, and recreation areas in the mountain ranges surrounding Bozeman.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe