- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Rivers such as the Gallatin, which runs along U.S. 191, the Madison (one valley west), and the Yellowstone (one valley east) have made southwest Montana famous among fly-fishers, most of whom visit during the non-winter months. Big Sky, MT.
East Slope Outdoors arranges guides for winter and summer fly-fishing. You can also rent or buy flies, rods and reels, clothing, and gifts here. 47855 Gallatin Rd., U.S. 191, Big Sky, MT, 59716. 406/995-4369 or 888/359-3974. www.eastslopeoutdoors.com.
Flies, rods and reels, clothing, equipment rentals, and guides are available at Gallatin Riverguides. 47430 Gallatin Rd., U.S. 191, Big Sky, MT, 59716. 406/995-2290 or 888/707-1505. www.montanaflyfishing.com.
Wild Trout Outfitters offers fly-fishing instruction, full-day horse-pack fishing trips, float-tube fishing, and drift boat trips with stops for wade fishing at prime runs. 47520 Gallatin Rd., U.S. 191, Big Sky, MT, 59716. 406/995-2975 or 800/423-4742. www.wildtroutoutfitters.com.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe