Helena, Bozeman, and Southwest Montana Travel Guide
Plan Your Helena, Bozeman, and Southwest Montana Vacation
Glistening, glaciated, and grand, the Absarokas, Crazies, Gallatins, and other mountains send cooling summer winds to roil among the grasslands and forests of southwest Montana. This is a wild place inhabited by hundreds of animal species.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Helena, Bozeman, and Southwest Montana restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Helena, Bozeman, and Southwest Montana
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Book 3-Star Homewood Suites by Hilton Fr $109+/Nt Expedia
- Save Big This Apr! Book 3 Nts at Western Heritage Inn Fr $69+/Nt Expedia
- Bozeman Savings! Book at Hilton Garden Inn Bozeman Fr $114+/Nt Expedia
- Book 3 Nts in Bozeman this Apr Fr $116+/Nt Expedia
Fly-fishing the gorgeous Gallatin River. For a scenic and exhilarating drive, the Beartooth Highway can’t be topped. State Capitol... Read more
America’s greatest adventure began with the stroke of a pen, when in 1803 President Thomas Jefferson purchased the vast Louisiana... Read more
At 8:12 am on March 5, 2009, a natural gas leak sparked an explosion that would forever change the landscape of Bozeman’s Main Street.... Read more
Montana has the best rainbow, brown, and brook trout fishing in the country. This is the land of A River Runs Through It, the... Read more
It’s called "cold smoke"—the exceedingly light, dry snow that falls on the mountains of southwest Montana—and it doesn’t go to... Read more
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a wonderful way to take in the sights of the Western United States. Over 12 days, my friend and I road our motorcycles up Idah... Read more
Hey! Back in 2013, me and my grandparents took a trip headed to South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana. The full writeup with pictures is he... Read more
So our hobbits love wildlife and mountains. The bigger one (to be 7) likes "climbing" mountains. This isn't an REI-equipment-necessary thi... Read more