At a Glance
- spectacular views
- lovely secluded mountain setting
- meals included
- difficult to access
- far from services
- no electricity or running water
Check Rates from our Partners
Sperry Chalet Review
This elegant backcountry lodge, built in 1913 by the Great Northern Railway, is accessible only by a steep, 6.7-mile trail with a 3,300-foot vertical rise; either hike in or arrive on horseback. Guest rooms have no electricity, heat, or running water, but who cares when the view includes Glacier's Gunsite Mountain, Mt. Edwards, Lake McDonald, and mountain goats in wildflowers. Informal meals, such as turkey with the trimmings, are simple yet filling and included in the rates. Note that the reservations office is closed in September and October.
- Address: On the west side of Gunsite Mountain. Trail to chalet begins at Lake Mcdonald Lodge on the Going-to-the-Sun Rd., Glacier National Park, MT | Map It
- Phone: 406/387–5654; 888/345–2649
- Website: www.sperrychalet.com
- Location: Glacier National Park
- 17 rooms
- Rate includes all meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–early July.
View deals in Glacier National Park for vacation packages, hotels, airfare, and more from our partners!More