Many Glacier Hotel
At a Glance
- stunning views from lodge
- good hiking trails nearby
- rustic rooms
- no TV
- no Internet
Many Glacier Hotel Review
The most isolated of the grand hotels—it's on Swiftcurrent Lake on the northeast side of the park—this is also one of the most scenic, especially if you nab one of the lake-view balcony rooms. There's a large fireplace in the lobby where guests gather on chilly mornings. Rooms are small and sparsely decorated, but the location and the view can't be beat. There are several wonderful hikes in this area including ranger-guided hikes to Grinnell Glacier and Iceberg Lake. You can combine the hikes with a scenic boat tour to substantially decrease the hiking distance.
- Address: Many Glacier Rd., 12 mi west of Babb, Glacier National Park, MT | Map It
- Phone: 406/892–2525; 406/732–4411
- Website: www.glaciernationalparklodges.com
- Location: Glacier National Park
- 206 rooms, 6 family rooms, 2 suites.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
Last year (early Aug 2012) I took my daughter to Glacier NP. Read more
Hello-- Any suggestions for my sister and me who will be traveling from Yellowstone to Glacier next summer? Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more