Granite Park Chalet
At a Glance
- beautiful scenery
- difficult to access
- far from services
Check Rates from our Partners
Granite Park Chalet Review
Early tourists used to ride horses through the park 7 to 9 miles each day and stay at a different chalet each night. The Granite Park is one of two chalets still standing (the other one is the Sperry Chalet). You can reach it only via hiking trails. You must bring sleeping bags and your own food and water, and you need a reservation. A rustic kitchen, limited refrigeration, and pit toilets are near the chalet. You can park at Logan Pass Visitor Center and hike 7.6 miles or at the Loop Trailhead and hike uphill 4 miles.
- Address: 7.6 mi south of Logan Pass on Going-to-the-Sun Rd., Glacier National Park, MT | Map It
- Phone: 888/345–2649
- Website: www.graniteparkchalet.com
- Location: Glacier National Park
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–late June.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
We are taking a driving "guys (three of us - all over 60) road trip" from California to Little Bighorn Battlefield which appears to be about an hours drive from Billings, Montana. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more