Granite Park Chalet
At a Glance
- beautiful scenery
- difficult to access
- far from services
Granite Park Chalet Review
Early tourists used to ride horses through the park 7 to 9 miles each day and stay at a different chalet each night. The Granite Park is one of two chalets still standing (the other one is the Sperry Chalet). You can reach it only via hiking trails. You must bring sleeping bags and your own food and water, and you need a reservation. A rustic kitchen, limited refrigeration, and pit toilets are near the chalet. You can park at Logan Pass Visitor Center and hike 7.6 miles or at the Loop Trailhead and hike uphill 4 miles.
- Address: 7.6 mi south of Logan Pass on Going-to-the-Sun Rd., Glacier National Park, MT | Map It
- Phone: 888/345–2649
- Website: www.graniteparkchalet.com
- Location: Glacier National Park
- 12 rooms
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–late June.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
This was a wonderful way to take in the sights of the Western United States. Over 12 days, my friend and I road our motorcycles up Idah... Read more
Hey! Back in 2013, me and my grandparents took a trip headed to South Dakota, Wyoming and Montana. The full writeup with pictures is he... Read more
So our hobbits love wildlife and mountains. The bigger one (to be 7) likes "climbing" mountains. This isn't an REI-equipment-necessary thi... Read more