Granite Park Chalet
At a Glance
- beautiful scenery
- difficult to access
- far from services
Granite Park Chalet Review
Early tourists used to ride horses through the park 7 to 9 miles each day and stay at a different chalet each night. The Granite Park is one of two chalets still standing (the other one is the Sperry Chalet). You can reach it only via hiking trails. You must bring sleeping bags and your own food and water, and you need a reservation. A rustic kitchen, limited refrigeration, and pit toilets are near the chalet. You can park at Logan Pass Visitor Center and hike 7.6 miles or at the Loop Trailhead and hike uphill 4 miles.
- Address: 7.6 mi south of Logan Pass on Going-to-the-Sun Rd., Glacier National Park, MT | Map It
- Phone: 888/345–2649
- Website: www.graniteparkchalet.com
- Location: Glacier National Park
- 12 rooms.
- Rate includes no meals.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Closed mid-Sept.–late June.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
Last year (early Aug 2012) I took my daughter to Glacier NP. Read more
Hello-- Any suggestions for my sister and me who will be traveling from Yellowstone to Glacier next summer? Read more
· News & Features
With Art Basel Miami now in town, it's prime time to consider the 7 reasons why you should be taking a ... Read more
New York City offers irresistible retail therapy during the holiday season.... Read more
Next year, crazed soccer fans the world will descend upon Brazil, host of the 2014 World Cup.... Read more