Glacier National Park Travel Guide
The massive peaks of the Continental Divide in Northwest Montana are the backbone of Glacier National Park and its sister park in Canada, Waterton Lakes, which together make up the International Peace Park. From their slopes, melting snow and alpine glaciers yield the headwaters of rivers that flow west to the Pacific Ocean, north to the Arctic Ocean, and southeast to the Atlantic Ocean via the Gulf of Mexico. Coniferous forests, thickly vegetated stream bottoms, and green-carpeted meadows provide homes and sustenance for all kinds of wildlife.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Glacier National Park restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Glacier National Park
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- $88.00 & up : 3-star hotels in Kalispell Hotwire
- Save Big This May! Book 3 Nts in Kalispell Fr $175+/Nt Expedia
- $20.95 & up : Midsize rentals in Kalispell Hotwire
- Book Now & Save! Kalispell Fr $109+/Nt — $109 Travelocity
- $19.95 & up : Compact rentals in Kalispell — $20 Hotwire
Memorial Day is the unofficial start of what we like to call "weekend getaway season." ... Read more
Wineries have a very obvious main draw.... Read more
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands o... Read more
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
· Travel Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Much delayed in posting this, but the good news is, I wrote most of the trip report in a word doc shortly after the trip. Read more
Day 7 (July 9) - How excited everyone was to drive across the border into the Canadian Rockies through Kootenay Natl Park to Banff, a relatively short drive for us of 4 1/2 hrs. Read more