North of Bighorn Canyon is the tiny settlement where Father Prando, a Jesuit missionary, founded the St. Xavier Mission in 1887. This was the first mission to the Crow tribe and, as such, offered the people their first primary school. Although the town is barely inhabited, the church and school are still in use and may be visited. The school, called Pretty Eagle School, provides free primary and secondary education for 120 students from homes as far as 45 mi away.
Mission Ave., Little Bighorn Battlefield National Monument, Montana, 59075, United States