- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Historic district Review
Great Falls has many stories to tell in its historic homes and businesses, including the beautiful brick buildings of the railroad era. There are more than 200 historic houses and small businesses along the east bank of the Missouri River. The structures reflect various architectural styles, including bungalow, prairie, colonial, Queen Anne, Victorian, and Second Empire.
You can obtain brochures for one- to two-hour self-guided walking tours at the Great Falls Information Center. 15 Upper River Rd., 59405. 406/771-0885 or 800/735-8535.
Or catch the Great Falls Historic Trolley for a comprehensive tour given by people passionate about the area. 406/771-1100 or 888/707-1100. www.greatfallshistorictrolley.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
I'd like to start planning a 2014/2015 ski vacation with my husband, and 9 and 7 year olds. Read more
· News & Features
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall... Read more
When's the best time to go?... Read more
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons.... Read more