- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Grand Union Hotel
At a Glance
- the hotel has a colorful history
- easy walking around town
- friendly atmosphere
- hard to get a room at the last minute
- no lunch at the Union Grille
Check Rates from our Partners
Grand Union Hotel Review
Perhaps the oldest hotel in Montana, the Grand Union was built on the bank of the Missouri in 1882 to serve steamboat and stage travelers. Filled with period pieces, the two-story building is as elegant as ever. With its dark-wood accents and Victorian-style lighting, the Union Grille Restaurant ($$$–$$$$) brings to mind the refinement cultivated by the Western frontier's elite. The seasonal menu features Montana regional cuisine and fare from afar, including local roasted chicken, cocoa-dusted elk loin with espresso-whipped mashed potatoes, and grilled buffalo rib eye. The varied wine list is populated predominantly by choices from California and Washington vineyards, and offers a number of exceptional beer choices from Montana microbreweries.
- Address: 1 Grand Union Sq. Box 1119, Fort Benton, MT 59442 | Map It
- Phone: 406/622–1882; 888/838–1882
- Website: www.grandunionhotel.com
- Location: Fort Benton
- 26 rooms.
- Rate includes breakfast.
- Credit cards accepted.
- Restaurant closed Mon. and Tues. in winter. No lunch.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Hey! Read more
I've spent the past two months writing, narrating, and editing together this traditionally styled travelogue about a ridiculous loop drive (done traditionally as well: byways, no GPS, no hotels) in a ridiculous Read more
We are taking a driving "guys (three of us - all over 60) road trip" from California to Little Bighorn Battlefield which appears to be about an hours drive from Billings, Montana. Read more
· News & Features
Stunning beaches, tantalizing food, and veritable vino—we're all about epicurean excellence ... Read more
A history of Moleskine notebooks and a blog for safari lovers are among the things we've been reading... Read more
Nassau is an easily accessible, fun-packed destination for adults and kids alike.... Read more