Billings, Little Big Horn, and the Montana Plains Restaurants
- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Billings, Little Big Horn, and the Montana Plains Restaurant Reviews
Showy dress and jewelry matter little to most Montanans. A cowboy in dusty blue jeans, flannel shirt, and worn boots leaning against his rust-eaten Chevy could be a millionaire rancher and stockbroker, and the ponytailed woman behind the counter of the general store might be the town mayor. Because of this, no matter where you go to eat—whether the food is extravagant or simple, the prices expensive or dirt-cheap—dress is casual. But despite the universal informality in dining, eastern Montana has a surprising number of upscale restaurants turning out sophisticated dishes. Good ethnic food, with the possible exception of Mexican and Native American cuisine, is scarce, however. Classic steak houses and local ma-and-pa eateries are ubiquitous.
Browse Billings, Little Big Horn, and the Montana Plains Restaurants
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's