- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Many roads lead to Great Falls, and drivers have several options for getting here, depending on whether scenery or speed is the goal. From points west, one of the prettiest routes is dropping down from Highway 2 just east of Browning to Highway 89. The winding road has great views of the Rockies, and the little town of Choteau is a perfect place to stop to stretch your legs. If efficiency is the aim, take Highway 2 east to I-15 at Shelby.
The street layout in Great Falls is a standard grid, with avenues running east-west and streets north-south. Several one-ways make it easier to get from one end of town to the other while avoiding the busy traffic on Central and 10th Avenue South. Great Falls Transit, the city bus system, runs six days a week. And Great Falls is a bicycle-friendly town.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's