- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Billings has more than half a dozen public golf courses. Ranging from quick 9-hole executives in the middle of town to grand 18-hole country-club courses set against the Rimrocks, the golfing venues around the city are diverse in design and often have exceptional views of the surrounding country. Greens fees are generally very reasonable.
A public 18-hole, par-72 course near Lake Elmo State Park in the Billings Heights section, the Lake Hills Golf Club is in a wooded area frequented by grouse, antelopes, and pheasants. Its two lakes and 444-yard 18th hole are its most famous features. 1930 Clubhouse Way, Billings, MT, 59105. 406/252-9244. www.lakehillsgolf.com.
The Yegen Golf Club, an 18-hole, par-71 public course, is set against the walls of the Rimrocks. Although not very wooded, the course has plenty of water hazards and bunkers. 1390 Zimmerman Trail, Billings, MT, 59102. 406/656-8099. www.yegengolfclub.com.
Eagle Rock Golf Course provides both the expected facilities, including a Western-style wood-and-stone clubhouse, and the challenging hazards of an 18-hole, par-72 course. Take U.S. 87 north, then U.S. 312 to Larimer Lane. 5624 Larimer La., Billings, MT, 59105. 406/655-4445. www.eaglerockgolfcourse.com.
More Sports and Outdoors
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's