Kansas City Travel Guide
Plan Your Kansas City Vacation
Kansas City bills itself as the "Heart of America." Within 250 mi of both the geographic and population centers of the nation, the city is famous for its stockyards, saxophone player Charlie "Bird" Parker and his Kansas City-style bebop, and some of the best barbecue in the world. The city has more boulevards than Paris and more working fountains (212 and counting) than any city but Rome. An unwritten rule dictates that a fountain be added to nearly every new commercial structure built, giving Kansas City its second nickname: "The City of Fountains."
Kansas City offers a score of major hotels within walking distance of the Country Club Plaza and Westport or in the Crown Center complex. ...read more
Kansas City is famous the world over for its barbeque. It all started in the early 1920s, when Henry Perry, the "Father of KC Barbeque," began selling barbeque...read more
Things To Do in Kansas City
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
There’s not much information on the board about these destinations so I thought someone might find this helpful. Read more
My 13-year old DD and I are off on an Excellent Adventure Roadtrip (akak EAR). Read more