From 1814 to 1914 this building was home to a Minnesota Territorial Prison warden, and it accurately reflects how he and his contemporaries would have lived during the last part of the 19th century. It retains its late-19th- and early-20th-century interior design and contains toys and games that would have been familiar to children in those days. The property was sold to the Washington County Historical Society in 1941 and placed on the National Register of Historic Places
in the 1970s. Other objects in the museum include relics from Stillwater's lumber-boom era.