Detroit Metropolitan Wayne County Airport (DTW) is in Romulus, about 26 miles west of downtown Detroit. It's served by most major airlines, with nearly 1,000 arrivals and departures daily. 1 Rogell Dr., Detroit, MI. 734/247-7265.
Some sample flying times to Detroit are from New York (2 hours) and London (10 hours).
US Airways. 800/428-4322.
From the U.K.
British Airways. 0845/773-3377.
Continental. 01293/776-464; 0800/776-464 toll-free.
US Airways. 0800/783-5556.
Virgin Atlantic. 01293/747-747.
Transfers Between the Airport & Town
Commuter Express runs buses from the metropolitan airport to major downtown hotels from 6:45 am to midnight; the fare is $15 one-way, $28 round-trip. 800/488–7433.
Take I-94 east to I-96 east to I-75 north.
Taxis to and from the airport take about 45 minutes; the fare is about $33 one-way.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's