Detroit Institute of Arts
Detroit Institute of Arts Review
Midtown's top cultural attraction, with more than 100 galleries, is the Detroit Institute of Arts. The DIA displays 5,000 years of art treasures, including works by van Gogh, Rembrandt, and Renoir. Diego Rivera's Detroit Industry, four immense frescoes, is a must-see. At this writing, the institute was closed for renovation and is expected to reopen in November of 2007.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Finally, we arrived in Bayfield and checked into the lovely Old Rittenhouse Inn for two nights. Read more
After we left MC, our first stop was the 10am two hour boat tour of the Soo Locks in Sault Ste Marie ( the largest waterway traffic system on earth and the boat travels along the international shoreline Read more
My husband and I are beginning to plan our annual trip for this fall and we need some help. Read more
· News & Features
Techie travelers have embraced the fun, tech-driven, on-the-road adventure that is geocaching. ... Read more
This week, we covered top destinations for great family getaways—from Disney World to dinosaur spotting.... Read more
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film... Read more