Old Sturbridge Village
Old Sturbridge Village Review
Modeled on an early-19th-century New England town, Old Sturbridge Village is a re-creation of a 1790–1840s-era village with more than 40 historic buildings moved here from other towns. Guides wearing period costumes demonstrate home-based crafts like spinning, weaving, and shoemaking. There are several industrial buildings, including a working sawmill. In season, take an informative stagecoach ride, or cruise along the Quinebaug River while you learn about river life in 19th-century New England and catch a glimpse of ducks, geese, turtles, and other local wildlife.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
Looking to visit the NE section of the US this summer with our teen daughters & need advice on how to plan.
We're hoping to spend 3-4 days in Boston, NYC, & Washington DC while spending a few days Read more
· News & Features
Kick off spring with some of this year's best events and hotel packages in Washington, D.C.... Read more