Sports and the Outdoors
Norwottuck Rail Trail. Part of the Connecticut River Greenway State Park, this is a paved 10-mile path that links Northampton with Belchertown by way of Amherst. Great for biking, rollerblading, jogging, and cross-country skiing, it runs along the old Boston & Maine Railroad route. Free trail maps are available. Hwy. 9 at Damon Rd., near Coolidge Bridge. Also accessible in Hadley at Hwy. 9 at River Dr. (Hwy. 47 N), Northampton, MA. 413/586–8706 Ext. 12.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe