Sports and the Outdoors
Poet's Seat Tower. High on a ridge between downtown Greenfield and the Connecticut River, Poet's Seat Tower makes for one of the valley's most rewarding short jaunts. Take the short hike up to the summit to see an inspiring 360-degree view of the countryside, or go further down Pocumtuck Ridge to reach Sachem Head. To get here, follow the signs from Maple Street. Mountain Rd., Greenfield, MA, 01301.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's