Sturbridge and The Pioneer Valley Travel Guide
A string of historic settlements lines the majestic Connecticut River, the wide and winding waterway that runs through Western Massachusetts. The bustling city of Springfield, known for its family-friendly attractions and museums, along with a cluster of college towns and quaint, rural villages is part of the Pioneer Valley, which formed the western frontier of New England from the early 1600s until the late 1900s.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Sturbridge and The Pioneer Valley restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Sturbridge and The Pioneer Valley
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
Overlooking the Place de la Concorde, Paris's storied Hôtel de Crillon has joined the Rosewood Hotels... Read more
A new small ship company, Pearl Seas Cruises, has announced its 2015 Caribbean season, with itineraries... Read more
Add JetBlue to the list of airlines offering in-flight internet connectivity.... Read more
Now19° F Overcast 65% Humidity Dec 13, 2013 at 6:58AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more