Sturbridge and The Pioneer Valley Travel Guide
A string of historic settlements lines the majestic Connecticut River, the wide and winding waterway that runs through Western Massachusetts. The bustling city of Springfield, known for its family-friendly attractions and museums, along with a cluster of college towns and quaint, rural villages is part of the Pioneer Valley, which formed the western frontier of New England from the early 1600s until the late 1900s.
Fodor's local writers visit every hotel we recommend. Look for our discerning Fodor's Choice picks or search by price and location.
Find the best Sturbridge and The Pioneer Valley restaurants in every price category with our top picks.
Things To Do in Sturbridge and The Pioneer Valley
Explore the best sights, entertainment, and shopping with our top choices and insider tips.
- Eric Carle Museum of Picture Book Art
- Magic Wings Butterfly Conservatory & Gardens
- Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame
- View all
From milk and cookies to a full-on Christmas tree (with the option to decorate it yourself), hotels are... Read more
As 2013 comes to a close, there's no slowing down for the Bay Area's restaurant scene.... Read more
Visit the mysterious Land of the Golden Pagodas—Myanmar—with AmaWaterways, starting in Novembe... Read more
Now36° F Overcast 87% Humidity Dec 5, 2013 at 5:54AM
Check historic weather for your trip datesArriving:
Places To Explore
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
Falmouth in the Fall-a week on the Cape
Day One-Thanks to a gift from good friend we enjoyed a timeshare week in Falmouth, Mass. Read more
JetBlue had a special of $97 RT from Houston to Boston, so I jumped on it! Read more
I will be driving Sunday Morning from Cosco Maine thru Portland all the way to NYC
any advice of an inside place to stop by not too far from the highways, could be in ME, Mass or Conn
Thank you Read more