- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Brush Hill Tours. Daily July through November and on weekends in May and June, Brush Hill Tours offers motor-coach tours from Boston to Lexington's Battle Green and Concord's Old North Bridge area. Seasonal trips to Salem, Marblehead, and Plymouth are also available. 781/986–6100, 617/720–6342, or 800/343–1328. www.brushhilltours.com.
Concord Chamber of Commerce. April through November, Concord Chamber of Commerce runs walking tours focusing on the Revolutionary War or the area's rich literary history. Each tour lasts about 1½ hours and departs from the Concord Visitor Center on Sundays, Mondays, and holidays at noon; Fridays at 1 pm; and Saturdays at 11 am and 1 pm. 58 Main St., Concord, MA. 978/369–3120. www.concordchamberofcommerce.org. $20.
Essex River Cruises & Charters. From May to October, Essex River Cruises & Charters organizes narrated cruises of nearby salt marshes and rivers. Call ahead for schedules and reservations. 978/768–6981 or 800/748–3706. www.essexcruises.com.
Colonial Lantern Tours. Evenings April through November, Colonial Lantern Tours visit the original Plymouth plantation site and historic district. They also conduct a nightly "Ghostly Haunts and Legends" tour highlighting Plymouth's more macabre history and offer local history and themed holiday tours. Call for reservations and meeting locations. 774/454–8126 or. www.lanterntours.com.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's