The 1768 Jeremiah Lee Mansion
The 1768 Jeremiah Lee Mansion Review
Marblehead's 18th-century high society is exemplified in this mansion run by the Marblehead Museum and historical society. Colonel Lee was the wealthiest merchant and ship owner in Massachusetts in 1768, and although few original furnishings remain, the unique hand-painted wallpaper and fine collection of traditional North Shore furniture provide clues to the life of an American gentleman. Across the street at the main museum (open year round), the J.O.J. Frost Folk Art Gallery pays tribute the town's talented 19th-century native son; there are also exhibits focusing on the Civil War.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's