- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Check Rates from our Partners
Winnetu Oceanside Resort Review
A departure from most properties on the island, the contemporary Winnetu—styled after the grand multistory resorts of the Gilded Age—has successfully struck a fine balance in that it both encourages families and provides a contemporary seaside-resort experience for couples. All have kitchens and decks or patios with views. Room decor is stylish and modern but casual enough so that kids feel right at home. In addition to lodging in the main inn, there are 65 three- to five-bedroom homes available for rent by the week; it's a great option for large families, and all resort amenities are shared. The resort arranges bicycling and kayaking trips, lighthouse tours, boat excursions to Nantucket Island (you can have a 2-island vacation with their sister property), and other island activities. A full slate of excellent children's programs is offered late June through early September.
Situated on the lovely New England resort island of Martha's Vineyard, the Winnetu, an all-suite property with accommodations ranging from one to four bedrooms, is an ideal spot for the entire family. In addition to the abundance of available activities like ping pong, basketball, tennis, and yoga, the resort offers complimentary children's, teen, and parent/toddler programs in summer.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $429* & up -- Premium Economy to Boston from California, O/W Virgin America
- $149-$199 -- Cambridge, Mass. Hotel near University, 20% Off Boston Marriott Cambridge
- $245-$281 -- Downtown Boston Hotel Through Summer Holiday Inn Express Boston Garden
- $197 & up -- Boston: AAA 4-Diamond Waterfront Hotel, 40% Off — $197 The Westin Boston Waterfront
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% Off — $269 The Westin Copley Place
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
I have an international flight leaving Logan at 9:30 PM on a Weds. Read more
· News & Features
Niagara Falls is a bucket-list-worthy sight to behold, whether you're ogling it from the Canada side,... Read more
A sculpture of a Greek goddess welcomes you in from the streets of London's Soho neighborhood.... Read more
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's... Read more