- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Getting Here and Around
Route 6A is the main route to Yarmouth Port, and there are lovely streets heading north toward the water and through hidden residential areas filled with beautiful old homes. West Yarmouth lies in the midst of busy Route 28, between Hyannis and South Yarmouth. If you want to avoid this road entirely, a sensible option is to take speedy U.S. 6 to the exit nearest what you want to visit and then cut south across the interior. If you must travel the Route 28 area, take Buck Island Road, which runs north of and parallel to much of the busy route in West and South Yarmouth. Like West Yarmouth, South Yarmouth has a stretch of blight and overdevelopment on Route 28, but it also has some nice beaches that are good for families. Avoid Route 28 if you aim to get anywhere quickly.
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's