- Places to Explore
- Fodor's Choice
Red Pheasant Review
This is one of the Cape's best cozy country restaurants, with a consistently good kitchen where creative American food, much of it locally sourced and organic, is prepared with elaborate sauces and herb combinations—sauteed dayboat scallops are served with butternut squash risotto, pumpkin seeds, and a ginger syrup, and an exquisitely roasted rack of lamb Persillade is another menu favorite; in fall, look for the specialty game dishes, including venison and quail. Try to reserve a table in the more intimate Garden Room. The expansive wine list is excellent. "Don't miss the opportunity to try this place," says Fodors.com reader ciaotebaldi.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $99 -- Maine: Historic Seaside 'Great Country Inn', $100 Off York Harbor Inn
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
We're a family of 4 with 2 teenagers, planning to spend a week in the Boston area and wanting to spend a little time in as many states as possible. Read more
· News & Features
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds. ... Read more
The Nantucket Wine Festival returns May 16–20, 2012 with over 200 wineries from around the country... Read more
From mid-April through Thanksgiving there is a full schedule of mostly free ranger-guided activities.... Read more