- Places to Explore
- Travel Tips
- Fodor's Choice
Nauset Beach Review
This town-managed beach—not to be confused with Nauset Light Beach on the National Seashore—is a 10-mile sweep of sandy ocean beach with low dunes and large waves good for bodysurfing or board surfing. Despite its size, the massive parking lot often fills up when the sun is strong; arrive quite early or in the late afternoon if you want to claim a spot. The beach gets extremely crowded in summer; unless you walk a ways, expect to feel very close to your neighbors on the sand. Amenities: food and drink; lifeguards; parking (fee); showers; toilets. Best for: sunrise; surfing; swimming; walking.
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $65.71 & up : Full Size rentals in Provincetown Hotwire
- $60.00 & up : Midsize rentals in Provincetown — $60 Hotwire
So what are the odds that my only friend who lives in Boston would decide to have her wedding festivities the same week that a supposed terrorist was on the lose in Boston?!
My husband and I flew to Bosto Read more
8 of us went to the Patriot's Day game on Monday. Read more
Have tickets for tomorrow nights game at Fenway Park but they recently added another day game (rain makeup) to make it a double header. Read more
· News & Features
Imagine if your most stylish friends opened a boutique hotel on Cape Cod. ... Read more
Fodor's editors are always traveling, and we love to share our favorite places and top finds.... Read more
The Nantucket Wine Festival returns May 16–20, 2012 with over 200 wineries from around the country... Read more